Communications, Internet, Utilities, Search Engines
- A1 Shareware Evaluations
- A1 Shareware Evaluations - The Internets oldest Shareware Review site 700 + pages, downloads, News, Links and Interviews, shareware and freeware, plus demos, and beta shareware
- Alan Sondheim: Internet Philosophy and Psychology
- INTERNET TEXT is a meditation on the philosophy, psychology, political economy,
and psychoanalytics of Internet (computer) communication. It focuses on virtual
sexuality, community, and all aspects of computer interfacing.
- Code and Other Laws of Cyberspace
- CODE AND OTHER LAWS OF CYBERSPACE: How Will the Architecture of Cyberspace Change the Constitution? by Lawrence Lessig
- gnutella: Welcome to gnutella
- Gnutella is a real-time search, peer-based file-sharing client that allows a user running a Gnutella client to search for and download files from other Gnutella users. Gnutella was originally conceived, authored and released by Justin Frankel and Tom Pepper of Nullsoft in March 2000.
- Hex Edit 1.1 - Windows Hex Editor
- HexTool, The Binary File Editor. A Hex Editor and Other File Manipulation Tools.
- HexTool is an editor which allows the user to easily edit files which may contain non standard characters. The characters
contained in a file are displayed as both ASCII characters and hexadecimal values (either of which the user may change).
- Hotmail - The World's FREE Web-based E-mail
- Hotmail is the originator of free web-based e-mail. Your e-mail ID is yours for life whether you change jobs, move a few thousand miles or change your name. No software to download, install or configure. You can get mail from an external POP mail account. You can access your Hotmail anywhere in the world that you can gain access to a web browser.
- html_help's Home Page
- You may have noticed that the text sections of GeoCities Basic and Advanced HTML editors will accept HTML tags. If you don't
know what HTML means, this is a place for you to learn. Use this page to learn about HTML and create great home pages. This
page is meant to be a quick-start reference - not a textbook. It may not answer all of your questions.
- ICQ - World's Largest Internet Online Communication Network
- ICQ Inc. - Elgaroo Brenza's Personal ICQ Communication Center
- Iomega - Your guide to personal storage.(tm)
- Internet Relay Chat (IRC) Help
- The most complete IRC help site: over a thousand helpful files
incl. FAQs, primers, guides, downloadable clients & scripts, server lists, etc.
Over 22 million served over the past 3 years!
- Jabber Central - news and views on the future of instant messaging
- Jabber.org (http://www.jabber.org/) is the only open-source instant messaging system
built on a foundation of XML, the next-generation language of the Internet. Started in
1998 by Jeremie Miller, the project has experienced tremendous growth in developer
interest and has proceeded rapidly to its 1.0 release. The project is fully open-source,
with the core code covered under the GPL and clients covered under the GPL as well as
- Jabber: Home
- Jabber is an instant messaging System, similar to ICQ or AIM, yet far
different. It is open source, absolutely free, simple, fast, extensible,
modularized, cross platform, and created with the future in mind. Jabber
has been designed from the ground up to serve the needs of the end
user, satisfy business demands, and maintain compatibility with other
- Liszt's IRC Chat Directory
- This is the first multi-network IRC search engine.-- the first place where you can
search for a chat forum across all the major IRC networks at once.
- Machine Dreams & Webbed Arts
- Machine Dreams and Webbed Arts: Urban Process in Subtextual Circulation
forthcoming in text
the journal of the Australian association of writing programs
- Mediarama's WWW Color Page Builder
- This application makes the assumption that you are choosing your RGB values from a paint program such as
Photoshop--a color wheel on this page cannot take into account the mixing of colors, or the "z axis" as it were. What this page
DOES do is show you what your colors will look like together on a web page as well as provide you the correct code to plug in.
- mIRC-X - The ultimate mIRC and MP3 search resource!
- NIST Network Time Service
- The NIST Network Time Service allows users to
synchronize computer clocks via the Internet. The time
information provided by the service is directly traceable
to UTC(NIST). The service responds to time requests
from any Internet client in several formats including the
DAYTIME, TIME, and NTP protocols.
- Get the world's most versatile HTML editing tool absolutley FREE when you purchase this software: Windows version 2.0
- Opera Software - Bringing speed and fun back into Internet browsing
- Tired of 20MB+ downloads,
megabytes of updates, sluggish
performance, HTML standard
violations, desktop domination,
instability, the seductive word 'free',
and a browser war that left you as
the only casualty? Then welcome
to Opera! Small, fast, customizable,
powerful but user-friendly, Opera
takes the wait out of the Internet,
reduces your online charges and
does what the others tried in vain: it
puts a big smile on your face. With all these features, Opera is well worth paying for.
- Operation MindPhuck, the Ring of the Absurd
- A web ring devoted to unusual and absurd views of the absurd and unusual.
- PC Games/Utilities (freeware)
- Mouse Odometer, HTML Primer, Eightball 95, Hardcopy, Screen Loupe, Map This, etc. Free zip downloads, no hassel.
- Portal Of Evil Home Page
- "Websites by the insane for the insane."
Links to some of the most bizzare and twisted site on the web, updated quite frequently.
- RealPlayer Home Page
- Streaming audio software.
- SETI@home: Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence at Home
- SETI@home is a scientific experiment that uses Internet-connected computers in the Search for Extraterrestrial
Intelligence (SETI). You can participate by running a free program that downloads and analyzes radio telescope
- Simtel.Net Worldwide Shareware and Freeware Software Distribution Network
- Simtel.Net is a worldwide distribution network for Shareware, Freeware, and Public Domain software for MS-DOS and all versions of Microsoft Windows
- Spy Centre: Spy Numbers Stations
- 98324 19043 78903 95320...". The mechanized female voice drones on and on... What have you
stumbled on to? Instructions to spies? Messages exchanged between drug dealers? Deliberate
attempts at deception and mis-information?
Chances are, all of the above! What you've tuned in to is called a "Spy Numbers Station". They've
been on the air for several decades, and only recently have the mysteries started to unfold. But there's
still much we don't know about these mysterious stations. With the information on these pages, you'll
discover the little that we do know about these stations, what we're still trying to learn, and how you
too can tune in to the spies.
- If you've got a laptop with a Synaptics touchpad, you should check out some of the xtra apps they've got here, especially the Theramin.
- Thee Psychic Enema (Quality Brainwashing-Washing for a Price You Can Afford!)
- A sudden, cleansing explosion of kahrmic build up from within the psyche, and the resulting residues and recepticals thereof.
- The List -- The Definitive ISP Buyer's Guide
- internet.com's The List™ is the definitive buyer's guide to Internet Service
Providers--those companies that provide access to the Internet. The List™
allows you to find a provider that offers the access speed and computing
services that satisfy your needs and budget. Click one of the search options
below to use the most comprehensive and accurate directory of ISPs -- The
- The Official Ramen Home Page
- Ramen (rah-men): A noodle phenomenon. Ramen has become the accepted
standard college snack/meal food of choice. Whether you are tired of
cafeteria food, or you need a quick snack, Ramen is the perfect food. It is
cheap, easy to make, and it tastes good.
- The Pine FAQ
- Help FAQ for the PINE email and news message program commonly found on unix-type servers.
- Tucows FreeThemes
- Welcome to 1stUp.com
- Free internet connections.
- Where's George
- Do you ever wonder where that paper money in your pocket has been, or where it will go next?
This is the place to find out..
- WinZip® Home Page
- The best overall file compression/archiving program ever. for windows.
- This domain was created as a home for the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search (GIMPS). Mersenne primes are named after
the French monk Marin Mersenne. In his day, Marin Mersenne acted as great facilitator among the mathematicians and scientists
of his day. In his honor, I have collected links to other distributed math and science projects that you can participate in. You do not
need to be a math or science whiz to join in the fun.
- sixdegrees can help you make the most of your personal
relationships by letting you bring your friends, family,
classmates, team members and everyone else you know online
and into your own personal Groups. With powerful, easy-to-use
Group tools like event planning calendars, Instant MultiMedia
Messaging, photo uploads, message boards and more, you can
easily communicate and share information with the Groups of
people you're involved with, without having to coordinate
everyone's crazy schedules.
- Astalavista search engine for computer security related material
- DIY Search
- DIY Baby, all the way!
- A multi engine semi-parallel search interface automatically searching 20+ search engines 3 at a time. Allows for continued searching options and Boolean/proximity operators.
- A newer meta-search engine.
- MetaCrawler, the best metasearch engine on the Internet. Allows you to find what you're looking for by simultaneously using the Internet's leading search engines.
- ODP - Open Directory Project
- Help build the most comprehensive human-reviewed directory of the web
- Ya-Hooka - The Guide to Marijuana on the Internet
- The Guide to Marijuana on the Internet ~ If we unite together as one voice, we will be heard.
| Thee Rev St of Skuzzbunnies, Sr Elgaroo Brenza du sLAcKE
* | * Cytoplastik Ninja Clan, Psychic Enema Division
/|\ firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
/ | \ http://elgaroo.13th-floor.org/
(()|()) ICQ#: 1979348
\/|\/ "I think it's an important thing for a writer to know...
that she has the potential to be as ROTTEN as everybody else."